Today, nutritionists have developed many different dietary rations, including the paleo diet, MIND, keto diet, Atkins diet, and others. Over the past 20 years, the Dukan diet has gained enormous popularity. It proved its effectiveness in practice, and even such famous people as Jennifer Lopez, Penelope Cruz, and Karl Lagerfeld adhere to the principles of this diet. From our material, you will learn the essence of the diet, how effective it is, and what you can eat during a week.
The Dukan Diet: Essence And Main Features
Pierre Dukan is a French therapist and nutritionist known for developing personal dietary nutrition in 2000. The main principles are based on the primitive man’s diet: you should alternate eating only meat with meat and vegetables. Daily mandatory:
- eat at least a spoonful of oat bran;
- drink one and a half liters of water;
- walk for at least 20-30 minutes.
You can eat almost unlimited food if it is included in the list of permitted products. Limiting carbohydrates consumption, especially simple ones, will only be necessary.
In fact, weight loss consists of 4 stages. Each of them differs in nutritional features. Phases of the Dukan diet:
- Attack. This is a stimulating stage that lasts from 3 to 10 days, depending on your weight. In this period, you attack fat cells. Products with high protein content, such as eggs, fish, meat, and low-fat dairy products, are recommended.
- Alternation or cruise. It may last several months. The list of recommended products includes vegetables that do not contain starch. Alternate days of eating only protein food with days when eating meat and vegetables. Alternation has certain conditions: if you want to lose less than 10 kg, follow the “1 + 1” scheme, changing the menu every next day. If you lose 10-20 kg, follow the “3 + 3” scheme. To lose 20-30 kg, stick to “5 + 5”. The Dukan diet menu can include chicory, sorrel, spinach, radish, tomatoes, onions, beans, etc. Potatoes, rice, lentils, avocados, and peas are prohibited. The daily dose of bran should be increased. You can change the rotation scheme at any time.
- Fixing. This stage implies fixing the achieved results. You gradually return to the usual menu. Eating one portion of fruit daily (except bananas, cherries, and grapes), ripe cheese, and some bread is allowed. You can eat starchy foods like potatoes, corn, peas, and rice twice a week. Also, once a week, it is necessary to have a de-loading day – the menu includes food provided by the Attack phase. The period of the third stage depends on how many kilograms you lost. For each kilogram, you need 10 days of fixation. For example, if you lost 7 kg, the fixing stage lasts 70 days.
- Stabilization. At this stage, you can ultimately return to your usual diet. However, one day a week should still be based on the principles of the Attack stage. In addition, it is necessary to eat at least 3 tablespoons of oat bran every day.
You will achieve the desired result if you strictly follow all the principles. Pierre Dukan claims that his diet helps to lose up to 5 kg per week.
What To Eat On The Pierre Dukan Diet?
The Attack phase involves the largest number of restrictions. At this stage, you can eat:
- lean meat, poultry;
- kidneys, liver, tongue, and other co-products;
- all seafood;
- any fish;
- low-fat dairy products, but don’t overdo it.
Coffee, herbal or green tea, low-fat milk, soda, and calorie-free Lemonade or Coca-Cola Zero are recommended to drink in addition to the must-take 1.5 liters of water. Forget about sugar in favor of natural sweeteners such as stevia and Green Leaf erythritol.
In the second phase of the Dukan diet, the menu expands. You can add these products to your daily menu:
- vegetables – peppers, cucumbers, eggplants, tomatoes, turnips, beets, carrots;
- greens – cabbage, spinach, lettuce;
- more greens – leek, shallot, celery;
- pod green beans.
Drinks remain the same, but it is sometimes allowed to add mint, lemon, or honey to the water.
The third phase is characterized by a gradual return to the usual ratio, so the list of permitted products is significantly expanded. In the Fixing phase, the menu may include
- roast pork, lamb, ham;
- fruits – berries, melons, and others;
- bread – two slices of a whole grain product;
- potatoes, pasta, rice, and corn (in limited quantities);
- low-fat cheese.
You can drink alcohol (quality wine) at this stage, but do not exceed the daily dose. No more than one glass per day is allowed.
Planning the menu for the last phase should be based on products from the previous phase. Organize a protein-loading day once a week, remember about bran and water, and also move a lot – physical activity contributes to the faster consolidation of the achieved results.
Dukan’s Diet Menu: Menu For Each Phase
As you already know, each phase of the Dukan diet has its subtleties of menu composition. The menu is worth planning to be healthy but tasty and varied. We offer interesting and simple recipes for proper nutrition that can be the basis of your menu for each diet phase.
|Monday||boiled egg, grilled beef||lightly salted salmon||turkey liver pate||low-fat cottage cheese with Green Leaf stevia||baked chicken fillet with spices|
|Tuesday||lean steak and shrimps||jelly with Green Leaf stevia||broth with chicken meat and shirataki noodles||steam turkey patties||boiled eggs and low-fat cottage cheese|
|Wednesday||omelet (1 egg + the protein part)||crispy bread with low-fat cheese||steamed fish with spices, low-fat cottage cheese||yogurt with bran and vanilla stevia||fried chicken without bones and skin|
|Thursday||low-fat cottage cheese with the addition of oat bran and cinnamon stevia||buttermilk||chicken patties||mussels with milk-mustard sauce||baked fish|
|Friday||turkey rosemary steak||sour milk||seafood soup||omelet with liver pate||bran pancake with cottage cheese and sweet Green Leaf stevia|
|Saturday||cheesecakes with vanilla stevia||porridge from oat bran||steamed beef patties||stewed seafood||baked chicken legs without skin|
|Sunday||chicken meatballs||cottage cheese with vanilla stevia||red fish soup||garlic shrimps||protein omelet with ham|
|Monday||scrambled eggs, vegetable salad||Greek yogurt with bran and stevia||baked salmon fillet with broccoli||bran and egg pancakes||soup on vegetable broth, slices of ham|
|Tuesday||cottage cheese pie with Green Leaf erythritol||chopped carrots||chicken soup with greens||buttermilk||baked tuna|
|Wednesday||omelet with tomatoes||meat jellies||Fish Chicken Kyiv||yogurt with bran and stevia||steamed chicken fillet|
|Thursday||low-fat cottage cheese with vanilla stevia||oat bran flatbread||grilled chicken with greens and vegetables||fish pie||beef meatballs|
|Friday||liver pate||milk pudding with sweet Green Leaf stevia||seafood soup, fresh vegetable salad||omelet with ham||boiled chicken fillet|
|Saturday||protein omelet with low-fat milk||bran cakes||roast beef and egg soup||cheesecakes made of fat-free yogurt with stevia||baked salmon|
|Sunday||seafood salad with green beans||dietary jelly with Green Leaf erythritol||steamed fish patties||boiled eggs||baked quail|
|Monday||omelet with spinach||baked apple||turkey meatballs with vegetables||cottage cheese with bran with stevia and cinnamon||boiled meat|
|Tuesday||rice porridge with milk, apple, and Green Leaf stevia||boiled eggs||turkey sandwich on two slices of whole wheat bread||vegetable casserole||solyanka|
|Wednesday||zucchini pancakes||sour milk||fish soup, slice of whole-grain bran bread||casserole with berries with erythritol||chicken patties|
|Thursday||omelet with tomatoes||fruit low-fat yogurt with stevia||soup with chicken fillet||bran pancakes with cheese and greens||baked fish with vegetable stew|
|Friday||cottage cheese pancakes with the addition of erythritol||apples and pears||chicken meatballs, vegetable salad||hard wheat pasta with low-fat cottage cheese||cabbage stew with pork|
|Saturday||scrambled eggs with ham||bran crispy bread||baked meat in foil||cheesecakes with Green Leaf vanilla stevia||baked salmon|
|Sunday||cottage cheese casserole with erythritol||berries||grilled pork with grilled zucchini||boiled chicken eggs||mushroom puree soup|
|Monday||cottage cheese casserole with erythritol||cheese with whole grain crispy bread||boiled veal, Greek salad||cheesecakes with berry sauce||salmon steak with asparagus|
|Tuesday||omelet with tomatoes||fresh vegetable salad||chicken soup with hard wheat noodles||yogurt with bran and sweet Green Leaf stevia||seafood salad with vegetables|
|Wednesday||cake with cottage cheese and erythritol||sour milk||fish soup, a slice of multigrain bread||berries||baked chicken with vegetables|
|Thursday||boiled turkey meat||cottage cheese with berries and stevia||fish patties with grilled vegetables||boiled eggs||chicken fillet stewed in sauce|
|Friday||scrambled eggs with vegetables||baked apples||mushroom puree soup, a slice of whole-grain bread||bran pancakes with fruit puree and stevia||berry pie with erythritol|
|Saturday||cheesecakes with vanilla stevia||buttermilk||boiled beef||scrambled eggs, some bread||steamed fish patties|
|Sunday||Oatmeal with dried fruits and Green Leaf stevia||pear or other fruit||meatballs from chicken fillet with stewed cabbage||zucchini pancakes||beef stewed with green beans|
The Effectiveness Of The Dukan Diet – Advantages And Disadvantages
The Dukan diet can be called low-calorie and high-protein. Its effectiveness is explained by the fact that you don’t overeat and keep the daily calorie limit due to the absence of simple carbohydrates on the menu. On the contrary, you will eat less because protein reduces the production of the ghrelin hormone, which causes a feeling of hunger. The feeling of satiety lasts longer, and you simply won’t want to snack during the day. In addition, protein food accelerates metabolism, unlike carbohydrates and fats.
The advantages of a dietary menu are
- simple and understandable principles;
- well-defined 4 phases;
- high effectiveness;
- lack restrictions on the use of permitted products;
- no need to develop complex menus;
- you can eat at any time of the day;
- effective weight loss;
- variety of menus due to a small number of restrictions;
- allowed to use desserts with natural sweeteners;
- for fixing the result, make a protein-loading day once a week;
- cellulite “goes away” along with extra kilos.
The main disadvantage of the Pierre Dukan diet is the low amount of fiber, which is very important for healthy peristalsis. There is not enough oat bran to eat every day. Other products containing fiber, for example, nuts or avocados, the developer of the dietary ration does not recommend using, considering them too fatty and high in calories.
The disadvantages of the Dukan diet include some possible side effects that usually disappear by themselves after leaving the diet:
- deficiency of some vitamins (C, group B) and trace elements;
- loss of skin elasticity;
- dizziness, weakness, and fatigue due to an unbalanced menu;
- digestion disorders;
- lousy breath in the first two stages of the diet;
- low mental abilities;
- failure of the menstrual cycle.
If you are not ready to face such manifestations, refuse to follow the Dukan diet.
Why Can You Eat Green Leaf Stevia On The Dukan Diet?
All stages of the Dukan diet do not imply giving up sweets. They can be cooked at least every day. The main thing is to choose the right ingredients. Buy stevia and Green Leaf erythritol and add them to the daily menu because our product is natural and does not contain calories. Thanks to their composition, Green Leaf sweeteners cannot harm the body and are highly beneficial:
- normalize blood pressure;
- help to control the level of glucose in the blood;
- do not cause allergic reactions;
- strengthen teeth, hair, and nails;
- make the skin more elastic;
- give strength and energy, relieve fatigue;
- strengthen the immune system;
- add elasticity to the blood vessels;
- have a beneficial effect on the digestive system;
- stimulate mental activity;
- promote the production of serotonin.
The herb stevia, popularly called honey because of its sweetness, has been used since ancient times. Even the Indians of the Guarana tribe used the plant as food and for medicinal purposes. She helped from colic and heartburn and contributed to the speedy healing of scratches and burns. And at the end of the last century, people worldwide could appreciate the use of natural sweeteners based on herb leaves. Consumers love and appreciate Stevia.
Green Leaf sweet stevia contains many valuable elements that saturate the body. Studies have shown that regular use of our sweeteners can prevent tumor formation. For example, the risk of pancreatic cancer is reduced by 23%.
Our stevia and erythritol are perfect for adding to baked goods, yogurts, tea or coffee, sauces, sorbets, and other sweet dishes and drinks. Erythritol has a pleasant cooling aftertaste, and stevia does not have any because we use the innovative Harmonix technology to produce the sweetener. Our products will not make your dishes taste worse – they will remain the same as when using sugar but much healthier.
Order our beneficial sweetener right now, and your life will become sweeter. We care about the convenience of our customers, so we have provided various ways to place orders and pay. Go to the “Shop” section or contact the manager for current product prices. Our website also briefly describes each product and information about promotions and discounts. If you have any questions, contact our consultant, and we will be happy to answer.
What To eat On The Dukan Protein Diet?
Dukan’s protein diet involves primarily consuming products with high protein content. Their list includes:
- lean meat in boiled, baked, or stewed form (poultry, beef, veal, rabbit);
- co-products (tongue, liver, kidneys);
- chicken or turkey ham;
These products should form the basis of the menu. In addition, it is allowed to use soy products, low-fat milk, and eggs. It is possible to diversify the diet with sweets by adding natural sweeteners – stevia and Green Leaf erythritol.
How To Lose Weight On The Dukan Diet?
It is necessary to adhere to diet principles strictly to get the desired result. The period of adherence to the dietary ration is long, but the effectiveness is relatively high. To lose weight on the Dukan diet, give up food with a high content of carbohydrates. The basis of the menu should be proteins. It is allowed to treat yourself to pastries and other sweet dishes with Green Leaf stevia and erythritol instead of sugar.
How Many Days Should the Attack Phase Last On The Dukan Diet?
The Attack phase is the first stage of the Dukan diet, which helps to switch to the necessary menu correctly. Its duration depends on the number of kilograms you want to lose:
- up to 10 kg – 3 days;
- 10-20 kg – 3-5 days;
- 20-30 kg – 5-10 days;
- more than 30 kg – 10 days.
The Attack phase can last from 3 to 10 days.
How Many Vegetables Can You Eat On The Dukan Diet?
When following the Dukan diet, vegetables are allowed starting with the second phase – Alternations. It involves alternating protein days with protein-vegetable days. In the first case, the use of vegetables is excluded. In the second – they should make up about 60% of the daily diet.